smart medical doctor hand drawing network with operating room as
Dr. Grit Zahn
Head of Research Eternygen GmbH
- Head of research, Eternygen
- >15 years in pharmaceutical drug development
- Former positions:
- From 2000-2010 she worked at Jerini AG, a Germany based pharmaceutical company which recently approved the drug Firazyr for the treatment of the orphan disease hereditary angioedema and was acquired by Shire plc. for € 330 mio.
- She holds several positions with leading responsibilities at the biology and screening department including Senior Director Lead Discovery Biology. She was also involved in starting Jerini Ophthalmic Inc, New York US.
- 2011-2013 she worked at ipal GmbH, the technology transfer and commercialization company of all Berlin Universities. She was head of Project Management R&D and responsible for the evaluation, development and commercialization of early innovative technologies in the area of Life Science in particular drug development with investments of the Technology Development Fund of the Investment Bank Berlin (IBB).
- Grit Zahn started her career at Charité University Hospital in Berlin in the field of antibody engineering, molecular libraries and molecular evolution. She holds a PhD in Biochemistry from Humboldt University Berlin, Germany.
- > 2 years research and development on INDY
CEO Eternygen GmbH & Founder
- CEO, Eternygen
- Entrepreneur and investor with activities in a variety of sectors, such as Media (vertical network media, wunder media, fem.com), Biotech/LifeSciences (Eternygen), IT (IntraWorlds), Services (Clevis Group) and Impact/Social Investments (Talents4Good, Auticon, Media4Care). He is also Founding Partner of Blue Ribbon Partners, a corporate finance boutique, where he is primarily responsible for media related projects.
- Founding Partner of Blue Ribbon Partners, previously a corporate finance boutique, which is now focusing on building and growing successful companies
- Prior to his entrepreneurial endeavors he worked in investment banking in the UK as well as in management consultancy in Germany. He holds an M.A. in Theoretical Physics and Philosophy of the University of Oxford. He is lecturer in “Cultural Entrepreneurship” at the Munich University of Music and Theater (Hochschule für Musik und Theater), sits on board of NFTE Germany e.V. (Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship), member of the Ashoka Support Network and President of the Munich Branch of the Oxford Alumni Organization. Furthermore, Marco is member of the German Unit of the G8 Impact Investment Taskforce and coaches young entrepreneurs as a mentor of the ProSieben Accelerator Program.
- He holds an M.A. in Theoretical Physics and Philosophy from the University of Oxford.
Prof. Dr. med. Andreas Birkenfeld
Founder & Advisors
Head, Section of Metabolic Vascular Medicine, Medical Clinic III and Director, Competence Center of Metabolic Vascular Medicine GWT-TUD, TU Dresden, Germany
- Andreas is Board certified specialist in internal Medicine and Senior Physician in Diabetes Medicine, endocrinology and lipidology (DGFF)
- Head, Section of Metabolic Vascular Medicine, Medical Clinic III and Director, Competence Center of Metabolic Vascular Medicine GWT-TUD, TU Dresden, Germany
- Professor of Diabetes, Section of Diabetes and Nutritional Sciences, King’s College London, Transcampus King’s College London- TU Dresden
- From 2009-2014, he holds several positions at Charité-University School of Medicine in Berlin including Assistant Professor of pathogenesis and therapy of diabetes, Head of Energy Metabolism Research Unit, Department Endocrinology, Diabetes and Nutritional Medicine, Charité-University School of Medicine, Berlin, Germany.
- Previous positions include the Yale University School of Medicine with Prof. Dr. Gerald I. Shulman in the Department of Endocrinology and Molecular and Cellular Physiology at the Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, USA and Franz-Volhard Clinic, Humboldt University Berlin, Germany.
- Andreas received Research Awards from the American Diabetes Association (ADA), the European Association of the Study of Diabetes (EASD), the German Obesity Society (DAG), the German Association of Endocrinology (DGE), the German Diabetes Association (DDG), and American College of Cardiology (ACC).
- He is head of the work group “Diabetes and Heart’ at the German Diabetes Association (DDG).
- He published more than 85 original manuscripts in peer-reviewed journals.
- His research focuses on understanding molecular, cellular and clinical mechanisms of the regulation of energy homeostasis. Specifically, his focus is directed towards the interaction between lipid and glucose metabolism and the development of obesity and T2DM and the contribution of mitochondrial dysfunction to the complex pathophysiology of these entities.
Prof. Dr. med. Jens Jordan
Founder & Advisor
Head of Institute of Aerospace Medicine, Cologne
- Since 1st of December 2016 Head of Institute of Aerospace Medicine, Cologne
- Previous positions include: Until November 2016 Director of the Institute for Clinical Pharmacology, Medical School Hannover (MHH), Germany. Before, until 2008 Director of the Franz-Volhard Center for Clinical Research, Charité and Clinical Working Group Leader at the Max-Delbrück Centrum (MDC), Berlin, Germany; 1996-98 Research Fellowship, Vanderbilt University with Prof. David Robertson at the General Clinical Research Center.
- He is board certified clinical pharmacologist and internist specialized in cardiovascular and metabolic disease management.
- His research group focuses on mechanisms and causes of obesity-associated metabolic and cardiovascular disease.
- He is founder and former chair of the Working Group on Obesity, Diabetes, and High Risk Patients of the European Society of Hypertension.
- In 2013, he received the prestigious Peter Sleight Award of the European Society of Hypertension.
- Editor in Chief of Clinical Autonomic Research and Associate Editor of Journal of the American Society of Hypertension. Member of several editorial boards e.g. “Hypertension”
- Published more than 220 original manuscripts in peer-reviewed journals.
Dr. Klaus Schollmeier
Former CEO of SuppreMol GmbH
- More than 25 years of successful international management experience in the pharmaceutical and biotech industry as well as in investment banking.
- From 2013-2015 Chief Executive Officer of SuppreMol GmbH in Munich, Germany. In 2015 SuppreMol was acquired by Baxter in a € 220 Mio. deal.
- Before that he led Santhera Pharmaceuticals AG as CEO since the company’s foundation in 2004, took the company public in 2006 and launched the first product in 2008.
- Before that he spent 16 years in the pharmaceutical industry at BASF, Knoll and Abbott. His scientific responsibilities included head of oncology/immunology research at BASF’s central laboratories in Germany, and senior director of biotechnology at BASF Bioresearch Corporation in Cambridge, US. His business functions included General Manager of BASF Pharma Netherlands and Vice President and General Manager for Western Europe
- Today, Klaus is CEO of KCS-GmbH, a consulting and investment company and he serves as non-executive chairman of several European Biotechnology companies
- Klaus holds a Ph.D. in Biology from the University of Düsseldorf, Germany.
Dr. Timm Jessen
CEO of Topas Therapeutics GmbH
- Since March 2016 CEO of Topas Therapeutics GmbH which was spun-out of Evotec AG and financed by a strong strategic syndicate of Epidarex Capital, EMBL Ventures, Gimv and Evotec AG.
- From 2014-2016 Executive Vice President Business Development EVT Innovate of Evotec AG (Hamburg, Oxford).
- From 2006-2014 Managing Director of Bionamics plc, an asset management company set up to identify, develop and commercialize innovative projects in the Life Science arena, e.g. the NEU² consortium focusing on neurological diseases, especially Multiple Sclerosis. In 2014 Evotec acquired Bionamics GmbH
- From 1997-2004 Chief Scientific Officer of the listed biotech company Evotec AG (Hamburg, Oxford), a technology and service provider to the pharmaceutical industry.
- Before that 6 years in the pharmaceutical industry (Sanofi Aventis) in preclinical research and alliance management.
- He studied chemistry and biochemistry and received his education and scientific career in Kiel, Munich, Cambridge/UK and Boston/US.
Dr. Christoph Gibson
Director and head of Medicinal Chemistry department at AnalytiCon GmbH, Potsdam, Germany
- Since 2010 Christoph is Director and head of Medicinal Chemistry department at AnalytiCon GmbH, Potsdam, Germany.
- Before that he was Head of Development and Project Management at ViroLogik GmbH, Erlangen, Germany.
- From 2002-2009 he holds several positions with leading responsibilities at the medicinal chemistry department at Jerini AG, Berlin, Germany including Director, Medicinal Chemistry.
- He was postdoctoral fellow at the Institute for Organic Chemistry and Biochemistry of the Technical University of Munich, Germany (Prof. Kessler) and at The Scripps Research Institute in La Jolla (Prof. J. Rebek, Jr.), CA, US.
- He studied chemistry in Freiburg and Göttingen and holds a Ph.D. in chemistry from the Technical University of Munich.